Sunday 6 May 2012

Body design | foam shaping part 2

This weekend I have been working on the body design again. The tank area has been expanded; it widens in the front like a café racer tank. The final design will be slim and long; so enough space to slide over the seat while cornering and fitting my legs perfectly!
Also the rear end of the motorcycle has been modified, I had to add one layer of foam on both sides of the seat and one layer on top of the rear. I finished Saturday evening gluing the foam together, so I can rasp and shape it next weekend. The lower part of the foam body will be trimmed done, in order to closely fit the tubular frame. From that moment on the clay can be smudged on the foam, but that will be done after the frame has been shortened and the engine is running.


Last week I prepared a simple bracket to try multiple headlight positions; this allowed me to try different heights and variations in distance to the head stock. At the moment I have the feel that I like it as low as possible (keeping the front fender and the maximum suspension travel in mind) and with the front of the headlight aligned with the front wheel axle.


No comments:

Post a Comment