Sunday 29 April 2012

Body design | foam shaping part 1

The story continues; last Saturday I have been working on the rough set-up for the foam base, on which the Kolb automotive styling clay will be smudged later on. Based on two full-size plots; one side view and one top view of the design, I made cut-outs of 6 cm polystyrene foam boards. This is not the most sensational photo serie on my blog, but I would like to give you a full overview of my building process. Next weekend I will continue with the foam base, I guess I need a couple of hours to add the last foam board cut-outs and roughly shape the body in the right shape.
The first cut-outs are the two mid-plane foam boards; immediately showing some of the main curves in the design. On these photo’s you’ll also see the last part of the tubular frame pointing out; this will be chopped of later on. The tank area, the volume just in front of the seat, is trimmed roughly. However the tail section is still a layer-cake of 6 foam board, this will be trimmed in the top view next week, when the final layers of foam are added.
More about the foam shaping next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment